Today, many people accept low back pain as a part of their life and suffer in pain daily. In fact, low back pain is the most common cause of disability in the US! Many of these cases resolve completely in just a few months.
So why do we go on accepting that we have to deal with low back pain everyday?
WELL, WE DON’T HAVE TO!
Did you know adding a few simple stretching to your daily routine can help reduce and prevent your low back pain? Research has shown that if you improve your low back and hip mobility you decrease the likelihood of chronic pain.
What’s stopping you?? Give these THREE EASY STRETCHES a try and see how much better you feel after a week!
- Lay face down with hands placed at shoulder height.
- Look up towards the ceiling as you push yourself up into a pushup position while letting your hips sink towards the floor. Hold for 5 seconds then return to the starting position and completely relax.
- Repeat up to 20 times.
HIP FLEXOR STRETCH
- Stand in front of a chair or couch that is around knee height.
- Place one foot on a chair/couch so your knee is bent to ~90 degrees.
- Raise your opposite arm up and extend backwards gently. (You should feel a stretch in the front of your hip on the leg that is planted on the floor.) Hold for 15-20 seconds and repeat on the opposite side.
KNEE HUG STRETCH
- While sitting in a chair bring one ankle on top of your opposite thigh.
- Gently pull your bent knee towards your chest. You should feel a gentle stretch in the back of your bent leg. Hold for 15-30 seconds and repeat on the other side. (For extra stretch lean towards the knee your hugging.)